Friday, August 31, 2018

A play at school

There was a play in the gym during 5th and 6th period at junior high. It wasn't a school play; I guess actors just came to perform for the students. There were two men and one woman.

The title of the play was "Our Vanishing Point." I have a feeling that even without the language barrier it would have been difficult to understand. There was heavy use of props. One scene involved the cast doing tricks with yo-yos and tops. Another involved animals made of newspaper. They had a discussion on the origins and nature of money, and a skit about a man catching fish to sell for money to buy a bigger boat to catch more fish to sell for more money until he bought the biggest boat and the ocean ran out of fish. Most scenes were accompanied by music played by one of the actors on an electric keyboard.

After the play was over, one of the Japanese teachers asked me what I thought of it. I said it was "mysterious," and he agreed.

Here's a picture of me, Grace, and Silvia from yesterday's English class!

Some pictures were taken of the play, too. I'll see if I can get any of those sent to me.

1 comment: