Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday classes

Today I got to meet the second-year junior high students and their English teacher. There's one English teacher for the second-years and one for the first and third-years. The teacher had us play a game where they would give me hints to match each student with their name.

In the first-year class, the student who was falling asleep on Friday was falling asleep again today.

For third period, a singer, JUN, came to give a speech and sing some songs. I managed to understand about half of what she said!

I'm going to be eating lunch with the students from now on. This was the school lunch today, shio ramen and pickled vegetables.

The teacher who sits next to me in the staff room talked to me about movies today. He had previously asked me about anime. I told him I liked Ghibli, of course, and he asked which one was my favourite. I told him Princess Mononoke, and he said his favourite was Nausicaa.
This time, he asked me to recommend a movie for him to watch. He told me I should watch Scent of a Woman. I suggested Pan's Labyrinth. He also asked another teacher, who replied Back to the Future.

This creepy poster is in the hallway. As far as I can tell, it's an anti-bullying poster.

I also took some pictures from the English textbook.
Look, it's me.

And here's Lauren.


2 comments: