Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Harajuku

On my third evening in Tokyo, I visited Harajuku with five other JETs. Harajuku is a center of Japanese youth culture and fashion. It had many trendy clothing shops full of totally adorable things. We also got caught in the rain, but it was pretty light and still warm, so I didn't mind too much.

My first time in a Japanese train.
It was way more crowded on the way back. We were smooshed in there with full body contact.

The daunting Tokyo train map. It's a little different from the one at the station, chiefly because this one has place names written in English.

Harajuku photos!









The signs in Richards telling tourists not to take photos were so amazing I just had to snap a quick photo before running away.

Incredible.








A bunch of great shirts! I was tempted to buy one but I also thought it was a bit early to be loading up on merch.
 "They must remain apart, however, as they cannot avoid hurting one another with their sharp spines."

 These are really lame puns.

It's bread.

And here's a few more photos.




I also saw some great Menhera-chan merchandise, but it was being taken inside because of the rain. Most of the shops were closing up by 8 pm as well. None of you probably know Menhera-chan, so here's a 7 second video.
This was my last night in Tokyo. The next morning, we were all shipped off to our respective prefectures.



1 comment: