Saturday, August 18, 2018

First day of school

Here are pictures of my house from the outside, finally.

It looks pretty big, huh?

The first day of classes was Friday the 17th. I introduced myself to the schools during the opening ceremonies. Boy, 68 students really do not fill a gym.

Here's the junior high school.
My introductions were in English. I'm supposed to speak in English as much as possible to the students. They probably didn't understand most of my introduction, especially the elementary students, but it's probably good to not let them know I can speak Japanese yet.

I went to two classes today at the junior high school, one for the first-year students and one for the third-years. I mostly just read English words and sentences out loud. The students were mostly well-behaved and quiet, but a couple of them were visibly falling asleep. It is their first day back from summer vacation.

I'll have a full week next. I guess we'll see how it goes. I'll probably have to do a lot more in the elementary school classes.  Here's the elementary school.


And this is the playground in front of the school.
In addition to English, I'm also going to participate in some P.E. classes.

Here's me in the newspaper.

Here's an oyako-don I cooked.

Here are some photos of our textbook Kat posted. Her pred left snarky comments in the teacher's copy. If only I could be so lucky.

2 comments: