Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday tamaire

Today I finally got to meet the first and second graders. They're all so tiny and cute! They're also very excitable. The classes were mostly spent playing games and singing. These kids will laugh at pretty much anything. It was nice to just unreservedly perform actions and poses with everyone.

It's not all fun and games, though. During self-introductions one of the girls was so nervous she started crying. This is why the homeroom teachers for these grades are women.

After work, one of my co-workers invited me to the sports centre for tamaire practice. There were a lot of people there, tossing beanbags around. Some of my students were also there for tennis and kendo. They're always surprised to see me outside of school.


 The basic strategy is to stack the beanbags in a clump and toss them straight up close to the pole. This helps the clump stay together. If you toss from too far away, the bags all scatter.

1 comment: