Monday, August 6, 2018

Day 2 in Japan

After getting up at 5 am, tired but unable to sleep, I prepared for a long day of conferences. This was the schedule:

Exhausting, but quite helpful, especially the team-teaching demonstration and effective lesson planning seminar, which got me excited for the elementary school.

(Also here's me in my yukata-style pajamas)

A nice-looking meal at Ootoya.

The very crowded welcome reception dinner.
I got a chance to meet more people who were assigned to the same prefecture as me (Hokkaido), including the only ALT from Sweden and one of the two from Norway.They were each selected from about 10 applicants, and were told before applying that their placement would be Hokkaido. It's interesting how different the JET process is in different countries.

After dinner, I accompanied two other ALTs, Elaine and Sophia, and explored Kabukicho, a district of the Shinjuku ward in Tokyo. Kabukicho is the largest red-light district in Japan. It was an amazing place, full of lights.




Manga Cafe Mambo, with its cute sunfish mascot!




More pictures of Kabukicho to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment