Saturday, August 25, 2018

A small festival

Wassamu had a little Shinto festival today. It was pouring rain for most of the day, but luckily it stopped by the evening. Here are pictures around the shrine.

 A portable shrine! That's how you know it's a Japanese festival.


Here are the booths.

Takoyaki!
 Games of luck and skill!
 Oobanyaki! It's like taiyaki, but not fish-shaped.
 Andrea's favourite light bulb drinks! Also available in blood bags. Thanks, Donkey Kong.
 Oden!
 They even had the die-cutting game. This is my first time seeing it in real life.
 I stayed until it got dark and got some night pictures of the shrine lanterns.

 Ema! Make a wish!
I got to see a bunch of my students there, too. Most of them seemed surprised to see me, as if teachers stop existing outside of school. They waved and said "hello," and giggled when I did the same.

1 comment: