Saturday, September 1, 2018

Hokuren shop

I took a few photos inside my town's only grocery store. You can also buy groceries at the convenience stores, though. They sell a lot of different things. The grocery store is further from my house than 7-Eleven, but it has a wider selection and is cheaper most of the time.

There is a lot of fish to choose from. The seafood section is huge!
One thing you might have noticed is that all the items have two prices. Everything's on sale!
EDIT: Tony tells me the red price is just the price including tax! I AM DUMB
These two pictures are only about a third of the entire seafood section. The bigger fish seem like a pain to cook without an oven. I want to learn to cook octopus, too.

There's also a huge selection of instant noodles. I haven't fallen so far as to buy these yet.

On the other hand, I find their selection of bread to be woefully inadequate.
It's almost entirely the same kind of cheap white square bread.

The frozen food section is also pretty small.
Well, this is just frozen meat and fish. There's another cooler with ice cream and such, but I'd really like to be able to buy, say, frozen chicken breasts. Or a bag of frozen peas. There's nothing of the sort.

There's definitely enough food here. I still miss some things.


1 comment: