Wednesday, September 5, 2018

More Hokuren

First of all, Typhoon Jebi passed through Japan this morning. I was woken up by the storm in the middle of the night. The rain was heavy and the winds so strong that my whole house was rattling. I was getting ready for a bad day but my area turned out to be barely affected. By the daytime, the winds were still strong but there was only intermittent light rain, broken up by sun and warm humidity.
Other than losing some sleep last night, I'm completely fine. Other areas of Japan were not so lucky. Several of my fellow ALTs reported school closures and some really nasty weather. 

Anyway, I took some more pictures inside the grocery store.
Something annoying: overpackaging. Fruit and veggies are pretty much always either in a plastic bag or on a styrofoam tray with plastic wrap. And of course, fruit is expensive.

Japanese frozen treats.
 There's even packaged soft-serve in cones.

Lots of kinds of rice crackers.

Packs of sushi.
And other meals. This section reminds me of T&T.

Japanese drinks. There's a lot of tea and canned coffee in there. Orange juice is a nice alternative to real oranges. I'm pretty sure I'm buying the kind that's actually good for you.

I made beef with green peppers and eggplant for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment