Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Work party

The party that was originally scheduled for last Thursday (the day of the earthquake) got moved to today! They told me about it today! Nothing like a drinking party in the middle of the week.
We had yakiniku.
 That's diaphragm, liver, and tongue, with a pile of small intestine in the middle.

 Everyone from the board of education was here. All those old businessmen get a lot more fun when they're drunk.
 They talked with me a lot about how I'm getting used to life in Japan, and what my home country is like. Language discussion was unavoidable. There's a young intern (younger than me!) named Reiji who I talked to a lot. He's interested in learning English, so he practiced conversation with me.

 After yakiniku, we went to the after-party venue. I was worried because that usually means more drinking, but it was a nearby cafe. We all got chocolate parfaits.
Overall, a very fun night! Tomorrow morning might be a bad time.

1 comment:

  1. Intestine may be the worst thing i've ever eaten

    ReplyDelete