Monday, September 10, 2018

Farming day

Today I showed up to junior high and the school was almost empty. By the time other teachers and students showed up, they left almost as quickly, in cars or on bikes. Turns out today they were all going to a pumpkin farm for work experience. I was told this would happen on Friday, but those classes were cancelled. Nobody told me it would be happening today.

But anyway, after changing out of my dress clothes, I wound up going to the farm and harvested pumpkins with the students and teachers.
Look! Chickens!

The field was pretty big. I got a pair of garden gloves and some clippers, and set to work. I'm glad it wasn't too hot today, because it was a lot of work.


We put the pumpkins into little piles.

It took us until lunch to finish the whole field.

I saw this big red moth! There were also some little brown frogs in the fields, but they hopped away before I could get a picture.
Anyway, nothing like starting the week off with some exhausting physical labour. It was actually kind of fun! You know, since I only did it for a few hours. I don't want to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment