Sunday, September 23, 2018

Asahikawa pottery festival

Well, it was more like a craft fair than a festival. But there was a lot of totes adorbs stuff there! 
Cats were a very common motif.
 Bobbly-head Buddhas.

 Cats and pigs.


Cat chopstick holders.
 Cat dishes.


Funny dragon guys.
 Little cats and happy bowls.
 Candle holders. The little doors are pretty cute.

More cats.
 Cats and caterpillars.
 Jaws dishes.

 Ashtrays.


I love these happy little dudes. I want to try making something like these myself.
They don't seem to have any utility though.


It's Peach Boy! Very Japanese stuff here.
Pots and frogs.
 How can ashtrays be so cute?
 Cats under the table. Shhh, don't tell anyone!
Festival masks and flatfishes.

There was a baked goods table, too. I bought some fried daifuku.

More cats. A whole table of cats. I bought something from this table (but it's a secret)

 He is a world ruler. He is an optimist. I am a lucky cat.

Bun bun bun.
Li'l hoppers.
 Giggle cat and cherry blossom bowls. They're for holding scoopers or chopsticks.
More cats and also some frogs and owls.
 A few cats.

These were creepy.
Cat buttons.
 Appleface magnets.
 Cute dishes.
I bought this one.

Big ol' Asappy.
 And a karaage set meal I bought for lunch.
I sure am going to Asahikawa a lot. Stuff actually happens there because it's a real city.

No comments:

Post a Comment