Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Cat cup and singing

My cat came out of the kiln!

Finally, I have a place to put my kitchen utensils.

After school today, I stayed late to help some of the students practice for an English speech contest that will be held in Shibetsu on the 22nd. They're going to sing a song, Daydream Believer by The Monkees. I wasn't familiar with the song so I had to listen to it a few times, but I got it down pretty quickly. 
As the time approached 5, the teacher told them to leave for their sports clubs, but they wanted to keep practicing. One of the girls said that she doesn't even like tennis, and that she'd rather have an English club, and the other girls were super into that idea. An English club might be fun, but it would also be a bunch of extra work for no pay.

I'll probably have to help them practice more before the contest. Practicing a song is way more fun than a speech would have been, so I'm happy about that.

1 comment: