Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Nayoro, kendo, pachinko

Last weekend I headed up to Nayoro for a dinner party with some other ALTs.
On the way there I saw this shop.
 "It's a good shop, maybe". Too bad it was closed at the time.
 If I ever go to Nayoro again, I'll try to check it out.

 Dinner was great. Look at this fancy sashimi platter.
And here's a big ol' nabe. The perfect winter dish.

The junior high kids are doing kendo in gym class. They suit up with all the armor and everything.
 I've taken fencing classes, but it would have been cool to do it as part of the actual gym curriculum, alongside my fellow classmates.
I don't get the barefoot thing though. I would understand it if they had a separate tatami room just for kendo, but this is the same gym they already wear shoes in to play basketball and volleyball.

The third grade elementary students made these pachinko crafts in art class.


I really like the manta ray one. There sure are a lot of creative things they get to do in art! I wish I could attend those classes but with 6 grades, my elementary class schedule is always busy.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta start them gambling and sword fighting young. I wonder what that store sold

    ReplyDelete