Sunday, January 6, 2019

Last day in Fukuoka

Here's night pictures of Ohori Park in Fukuoka.








 We had dinner at a very nice place called Toc-Toc (Knock-Knock). Again, it was a place we just happened to find after the place we were looking for turned out to be closed.
Japanese-style clam chowder. It makes me nostalgic for the variety of soups back home.
 High quality assorted sashimi, including chu-toro, ankimo (monkfish foie gras), and goma-saba (mackerel with sesame).
 Fried oysters with tartar sauce.
A pan of fried shrimps. Nice and crispy.
 And some fried smelt.
Not pictured: butter squid and asparagus. Asparagus is certainly something I haven't had in a while. Lots of fried food, but overall a very nice birthday dinner. I'll be flying back to Hokkaido tomorrow. MY time in Kyushu was fun, but I'll be glad to rest in my own bed and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment