Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Weekend Events

First off, here are pictures from Shannon's Easter party. This was before Golden Week.
 I'm trying to teach everyone how to play Munchkin, which Shannon owns but hadn't played.



I made kabocha salad. It's not yams and kale, but it was well-received nontheless.
Candied walnuts.
Shannon had a staggering number of Peeps. I didn't know Peeps came in so many flavours.





Here are pictures from last Friday, when I went to Queena's town, Kembuchi, for an English talk and game event.
Look how cute these little cuppiecakes are!
 It's the right time of year for wild seasonal mountain vegetables. 
This is butterbur (bog rhubarb) and alpine leek.






And on Sunday Mike had his (semi) bimonthly potluck. I made kabocha salad again since Shannon was the only one there who got to try it the first time.
It's always great to hang out with people. Some of them were a little upset when I told them I'd be leaving in a few months. It's sad to think I won't see these people ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment