Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Photos with friends

I got sent photos of the snow festivals from the people I was with.
Here's me with Bryan in Sapporo. He's fromm Vancouver; I met him during the classes before we left. I hadn't seen him since leaving Tokyo until the enkai on the weekend because he wasn't assigned to Hokkaido. He flew up from Tokushima to see the snow festival. Not much snow down there.

Here are photos from Shannon in Asahikawa. I went to karaoke with her, her husband, and Christoph.
 

 We met up with Michael at the festival.

For a school assignment, students were asked to write a few sentences about what they wanted to be in the future. I easily remembered what Saki wrote. It was very cute, if naive.

"I want to be a teacher.
Because I like children.
And, I like money.
Teachers can get a lot of money.
Money is amazing."

The other teacher in the class laughed and said "Can I say 'not necessarily'? I don't want to say that she's wrong."

The days have started to get noticeably longer. I could tell when I left work and the sun was still out. It hasn't snowed in a few days. There's still a lot of it around, but the sidewalks are starting to get slushy.


No comments:

Post a Comment