Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! This is my tiny tree. I got it as a bingo prize at one of the bounenkais.
 My Christmas present from Lauren came in the mail exactly on Christmas! Lucky, since if it came any later I'd be gone. Look at these socks! The best socks.

I had Christmas dinner with Javin at a conveyor belt sushi place in Sapporo. In proper Japanese fashion, the meal included fried chicken. Not KFC though. That place was SUPER packed.
 Ice cream filled mochi (yukimi daifuku) for dessert.

Sapporo was filled with lights.


 The lights were very romantic. Javin expressed disappointment at me being his only company on such a romantic night.



Look at this Supreme Champion. The tiny little tapir is cute, too.

 The sidewalks were clear of snow but the ground in the parks where the lights are was all iced over and very slippery.


 There were also small German markets in Odori park. We just had dinner so I didn't buy any sausages. There were also cute crafts but I couldn't take any pictures of those. I liked the blown-glass snowmen.



As we walked around snow began to fall and gradually got heavier and heavier. We eventually had to take cover underground. Anyway, a white Christmas. ⛄

Oh yeah, and here's photos I forgot to post from a Christmas party at Shannon's place in Asahikawa on Saturday.
 We made roasty 'shmallows and watched Toy Story 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment