Thursday, July 25, 2019

Closing ceremonies

With classes ending for summer break, today was my last day at the schools. I gave a short speech in Japanese at the closing ceremonies, basically just telling everyone that I enjoyed my time here and appreciate everything they're done for me.
Some of the classes had prepared things for me. The 9th graders drew this on their chalkboard.
 We took a group photo in front of it and they put it on this card with messages.
 The 5th graders at the elementary school made something similar.
 I even got a bouquet! Now what am I going to do with this?
This is the card my friends made for me. I knew Natalie was planning something because she asked me about all the details that went into the cross-stitch. She finished it really fast!
 Reading this card did make me tear up a bit.
 I'm gonna miss these guys.

Oh, while I was at the elementary school I also got pictures of these jigsaw puzzles made by the fifth graders.
 It's interesting how different kids took different approaches to how their cuts factor into the pictures.
 This one's a little creepy but okay
 Some baseball themed puzzles.
 Octopus wieners in the top left and a pretty sick dragon.


No comments:

Post a Comment