Saturday, November 17, 2018

November Potluck

Michael hosted a potluck party at his place in Asahikawa. There was a good turnout, 14 people. It was great to see people and also to eat food that I don't get the chance to otherwise.

Like Shannon's deer chili!
According to her, it tastes extra good because she made it while wearing roller skates.

It took me a long time to think of something to bring, especially with the somewhat limited ingredient selection in my town. But I eventually had the idea to make bread and butter pudding. The bread available around here is practically dessert already.
I guess it turned out pretty well. It all got eaten and two people asked me for the recipe.

Now that I've read things online about baking in a rice cooker, I might be making more dessert type things. I even bought a measuring cup, which I had neglected to get since I didn't think I would be baking before now. (I didn't measure anything when making the bread pudding.) 

There was also pasta salad, smoked salmon, garlic noodles, taco dip, chocolate mousse, rum balls, and jelly desserts.

Seasonal specials from Mister Donut.
 Mike getting ready to chug a bottle of vodka.
Food really brings people together.

 I may not be good at socializing, but I really like social events.

When I got back to town, there was actually a thin layer of show on the cars. All the snow that fell on the roads had melted, but it's a sign of things to come. I don't know if I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment